Parkour UK has appointed Dr. Timothy Yu as our first Chief Medical Officer.
Dr Timothy Yu is a qualified and General Medical Council registered General Practitioner (GP) and has recently completed a Masters in Sports and Exercise Medicine at Queen Mary University of London. He currently works in East London at a General Practice and also with Southend Football Club as first team club doctor.
Dr Timothy Yu will head up the Medical & Anti-Doping dept of Parkour UK and work with the CEO to develop the existing medical needs of our community and anticipate future needs proactively.
The following initial projects, will begin over the Summer:
- Undertake a review of and to further develop the First Aid for Parkour/Freerunning course(s) provided by Parkour UK
- To develop a Parkour/Freerunning Accident/Injury Reporting portal for use by the community/coaches – which will help inform and develop our First Aid course
- Work with member organisations to improve the facilities, emergency equipment and services within indoor and outdoor venues in terms of injury prevention and injury management both acute and chronic. and;
- To be the designated Parkour UK’s Anti-Doping Officer (that is, one single point of contact for anti-doping matters at the NGB), which will include;
- To help develop topics and fields of research that will benefit the community
The community/member organations will be able to meet Dr Timothy Yu in person at our 2018 AGM.
Dr Timothy You can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org