Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) – Glasgow, Scotland
Learners are advised to fully read the full details and requirements of our Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) course prior to booking.
It is advised that you wait until around 2 weeks prior to the course start date to book travel. This is to account for any changes in the course or changes to COVID regulations.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE FIRST AID AND/OR SAFEGUARDING YOU SHOULD ADD THESE TO YOUR BASKET DURING YOUR COURSE PURCHASE.
Example Course Schedule
Pre-requisite Training (On Day Prior to Level 1) THIS WILL BE AT A SEPERATE VENUE – YOU WILL BE UPDATED BY EMAIL.
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work: 1 day course (you can attend this on the day prior to the Level 1 for an additional £65)
- Safeguarding: Online course (link will be emailed out and this must be completed before the Level 1 course starts for an additional £35)
Level 1 Day One: Parkour/Freerunning Practice and Principles
- Introduction to Parkour/Freerunning
- Movement Practice
- Strength and Conditioning
- The Basics of Displacement
- Summary and Review
Level 1 Day Two: Parkour Coaching Day
- Introduction to coaching day
- Warm-up and Warm-Down
- Group Management and Coaching Skills
- Health and Safety
- Acceptable Risk and Risk-Benefit Assessments
- Lesson Planning
- Coaching the Spirit of Parkour/Freerunning
- Parkour/Freerunning Experience Session
- Preparation for assessment day and review
Level 1 Day Three: Assessment Day
- Introduction to assessment day
- Written Assessment
- Observed Practical Assessments of assistant coaching
- Action Plan and completion of Learner Pack
- Pre-requisite Training
- Level 1 Day One: Parkour/Freerunning Practice and Principles
- Level 1 Day Two: Parkour Coaching Day
- Level 1 Day Three: Assessment Day