|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)||7 (21–49)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/0492/7|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/04/2011|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2017|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2018|
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.The 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) has been developed in partnership with Parkour UK, the governing body of sport for parkour/freerunning and is the first qualification on the parkour/freerunning coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching parkour/freerunning. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of parkour/freerunning. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist other, more qualified coaches in delivering parkour/freerunning coaching sessions to participants of all ages. This qualification will not be eligible for funding after 1 August 2014, unless delivered as part of an Apprenticeship Framework
Learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- hold a valid first-aid certificate (Parkour UK approved, minimum of three hours)
- have attended a child protection/safeguarding workshop recognised by Parkour UK.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Accreditation Number||GLH||Credit|
|101||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||D/601/3531||6||1|
|102||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport||H/601/3532||10||1|
|103||Understanding the Principles of Conducting Coaching Activities in Sport||K/601/3533||10||1|
|104||Understanding the Principles of Evaluating Coaching Activities in Sport||M/601/3534||7||1|
|105||Planning Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Activities||T/602/5698||6||1|
|106||Conducting Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Activities||A/602/5699||7||1|
|107||Evaluating Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Activities||H/602/5700||3||1|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification, including a recommended learning programme
- Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools.
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning Learner Pack Parts One and Two
- internal and independent assessment tools
- information handouts
- sports coach UK Code of Conduct for Sports Coaches.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre. Further information on fees is available in your qualification application pack.
[tribe_events_list category="coaching-level-1"] Organisations are unable to apply to become recognised and approved to deliver this qualification unless the governing body has granted permission, please contact Parkour UK in the first instance. Organisations new to 1st4sport If you are not already a 1st4sport recognised centre, you need to apply to become one. The first step is to check you can meet the Centre Recognition and Qualification Approval Criteria for this qualification and submit the forms to us. You can find more information on this process by visiting: Five Steps to Becoming a 1st4sport Recognised Centre. Please note: you will not be able to become recognised or approved until you have confirmed that you can meet these criteria. Existing 1st4sport recognised centres If you are already a 1st4sport recognised centre and would like to seek approval to deliver this qualification, please check that your centre can meet the Qualification Approval Criteria. You can find more information on this process by visiting: Four Steps to Becoming Approved to Deliver an Additional Qualification. Please note: you will not be able to become approved until you have confirmed that you can meet these criteria.
This qualification sits on the QCF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website. All learners being registered for QCF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this QCF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.