Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF)
The objective of the Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) is to provide a benefit to learners through an introduction into the principles and practice of safe, ethical and effective assistant coaching of Parkour/Freerunning sessions to adults and young people in an appropriate environment.
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
The Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) has been developed in partnership with Parkour UK, the governing body of sport for parkour/freerunning and is the first qualification on the parkour/freerunning coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching parkour/freerunning. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of parkour/freerunning. Learners who complete this Award will be able to assist other, more qualified coaches in delivering parkour/freerunning coaching sessions to participants of all ages.
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)||7 (21–49)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/0492/7|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/04/2011|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2017|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2018|
Learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
- hold a valid first-aid certificate (minimum of three hours) recognised by Parkour UK.
- have attended a child protection/safeguarding workshop recognised by Parkour UK.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Accreditation Number||GLH||Credit|
|101||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||D/601/3531||6||1|
|102||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport||H/601/3532||10||1|
|103||Understanding the Principles of Conducting Coaching Activities in Sport||K/601/3533||10||1|
|104||Understanding the Principles of Evaluating Coaching Activities in Sport||M/601/3534||7||1|
|105||Planning Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Activities||T/602/5698||6||1|
|106||Conducting Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Activities||A/602/5699||7||1|
|107||Evaluating Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Activities||H/602/5700||3||1|
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning Learner Pack
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) Learner Resource
- Internal assessment tools
- Information handouts
- Sports Coach UK Code of Conduct for Sports Coaches.
- Generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification, including a recommended learning programme
- Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- Internal assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a Parkour UK 1st4sport Learner Pack, Learning Resource and certificate.
[tribe_events_list category="coaching-level-1"] Find available courses here.
This qualification sits on the QCF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.