What does this unit award cover?
Through practical participation under the supervision of a Parkour UK qualified coach, the learner will learn and develop basic skills fundamental to Parkour/Freerunning. The learner will learn and practice their skills in a supervised and controlled environment.
Who is this unit award designed for?
Successful achievement of the Unit Award is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it recognises their achievements through participating in Parkour/Freerunning. It does not provide competence to coach, teach or instruct Parkour/Freerunning activities.
It is one of a number of pathway Unit Awards available from Parkour UK.
|Notional Learning Time||<10|
Prior to registration, learners must be:
- be accurately identified
- a minimum of 8 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing). Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish
- hold a personal accident insurance for the duration of the course or hold a valid registration with the Parkour UK – Parkour Professionals Register
Outcomes to be achieved
In successfully completing this unit the learner will have
demonstrated the ability to;
- attend and participate in at least six Parkour/Freerunning training sessions;
- perform, without instruction, appropriate warm up and stretching exercises;
- perform a basic roll from a standing position;
- perform a Tic-Tac, with or without a supporting hand;
- perform a forward jump off of a raised obstacle and combine with a roll;
- perform a running precision jump, taking off from both legs;
- perform a Kong Vault;
- perform a Turn Vault;
- perform a Slide Monkey vault;
- perform a Cat Leap and climb up on to an obstacle;
- combine at least three learned movements in succession;
- maintain balance and posture whilst walking along a raised bar or beam;
- maintain balance whilst moving along a raised bar using the cat balance technique i.e. quadrupedal movement;
- ensure risk-benefit considerations underpin own actions at all times;
- reflect on and evaluate own progress with the instructor on at least one occasion;
acquired an understanding of;
- spatial awareness and depth perception in relation to executing movements;
- the importance of physical conditioning;
- the importance of being healthy and looking after own body to develop strength and stability
Assessed by the coach supervising the session by means of observation (1-15) and discussion (16-18)
All assessments recorded on the Summary Sheet.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Unit 2 Award in Participating in Parkour/Freerunning Summary Sheet
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Unit 2 Award in Participating in Parkour/Freerunning Learner Resource
- Internal assessment tools
- Information handouts
For our coaches, the Unit Award is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools
- Unit Award Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the Unit Award, including a recommended learning programme
- Tutor/Assessor Guidance
- Internal assessment tools
We really appreciate your feedback on your learning and assessment experience. We use this feedback to revise and amend our qualifications to ensure they remain current and valued.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the Unit Award, as well as a Parkour UK 1st4sport Learner Resources.
|Type||Registration Fee||Discount requirements|
|Associate Member Organisation||£42.00pp||When booked by an organisation with a valid Associate membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
|Affiliate Member Organisation||£40.00pp||When booked by an organisation with a valid Affiliate/Affiliate+ membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
Please contact Parkour UK to register your learners for certification
There are no upcoming events at this time.
This is a non-regulated Award and does not sit on the QCF or RQF