What does this qualification cover?
The objective of the Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Parkour/Freerunning Activator is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it prepares them for deployment as an activator in Parkour/Freerunning.
Who is this qualification designed for?
Successful achievement of the qualification will enable activators to organise and facilitate Parkour/Freerunning activities. It does not provide competence to coach, teach or instruct Parkour/Freerunning activities. The qualification is designed to support community development, with the aspiration to be able to tackle deprivation, radicalisation, physical inactivity and social exclusion; supporting health, well-being and participation initiatives.
|Guided Learning Hours||7|
|Total Qualification Time||7|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||601/8841/8|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/06/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/05/2019|
|Certification End Date||31/05/2020|
This qualification is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it prepares them for deployment as an activator in Parkour/Freerunning. It is one of a number of pathway qualifications for activators available from 1st4sport.
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
Prior to registration, learners must be:
- be accurately identified
- a minimum of 14 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing). Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish
- hold a personal accident insurance for the duration of the course or hold a valid registration with the Parkour UK – Parkour Professionals Register
- recommended to have attended a emergency first-aid certificate (minimum of three hours) in the last three years
- recommended to have attended the Keeping Safe in Sport: Safeguarding for Young Volunteers (13+) and/or a recognised child protection/safeguarding workshop
The Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Parkour/Freerunning Activator qualification is divided into the following Tasks;
Task 1: Role and Responsibilities
Task 2: Parkour/Freerunning Activities
Task 3: Session Organisation
Task 4: Session Facilitation
Task 5: Parkour/Freerunning Principles
Task 6: Parkour/Freerunning Adaptations
The qualification is divided into two mandatory components; Activator Role & Activate through Parkour/Freerunning.
Learners who has previously completed this ‘Activator qualification’ in another context is not required to complete C1: Activator role (Task 1, Task 3 and Task 4). In this instance, the tutor/assessor should write “RPL” in the relevant boxes, and also provide a signature and the date of validation. In order to validate the RPL a member of the centre’s workforce is required to check the validity of the learner’s certificate.
|Component Title||Reference Number||Level||GLHs|
|Activate through Parkour/Freerunning||D/508/3956||1||4|
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Parkour/Freerunning Activator Learner Pack
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Parkour/Freerunning Activator Learner Resource cards
- Internal assessment tools
For tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Parkour/Freerunning Activator and Internal Quality Assurance Approach
- Internal assessment tools
We really appreciate your feedback on your learning and assessment experience. We use this feedback to revise and amend our qualifications to ensure they remain current and valued.
Inclusive coaching is effective coaching: Parkour UK & UK Coaching are pleased to announce that as part of its partnership with the Activity Alliance (formerly EFDS), it has been able to unlock access to a free online learning module to compliment and support learners who have completed, or are in the process of completing the Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Parkour/Freerunning Activator. Free to access, it serves as a perfect extension of learning or as post-course CPD. We believe that all coaches should be able to include anyone in their sessions. To aid coach development in this area the learning outcomes from the Activator qualification have been successfully mapped against those from the UK Coaching and Activity Alliance workshop: Inclusive Community Training programme (ICT).
If you would like to access the learning platform for this module please email the programme coordinator at UK Coaching with your details (full name, email address and name of the recognised centre – Parkour UK 915) or call 01509 227751 and they will organise access to the eLearning module.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and a Certificate. Further information on fees is available in your qualification application pack.
|Type||Course fee||Assessment Fee||Discount requirements|
|Associate Member Organisation||£120.00||n/a||When booked by an organisation with a valid Associate membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
|Affiliate Member Organisation||£115.00||n/a||When booked by an organisation with a valid Affiliate/Affiliate+ membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
Terms & Conditions:
- Payments for course must be made in full prior to the commencement of the course.
- The course fee covers all reasonable costs associated to complete the qualification, and where a no-show for assessment or a re-assessment is necessary. There is an additional fee payable to cover the cost of a re-assessment.
- In order to qualify for the registration and/or membership discount, learners must have the correct level of membership prior to booking.
- In order to qualify for the membership discounts, the learner’s organisation must be members of Parkour UK prior to booking.
- Learners must arrange their own personal accident insurance cover for the duration of the course.
- Learners must attend all course dates unless an exemption is granted in writing by the course organiser.
- No refunds shall be given for learners who fail to attend any course dates
- Learners who withdraw from the course for any reason will be subject to the following cancellation policy:
- Cancellation within 7 days of the course start date – No refund of course fee, a 25% fee will be discounted from the cost of a future course.
- Cancellation within 14 days of the course start date – 50% of course fee refunded, minus a 10% handling fee. A 25% fee will be discounted from the cost of a future course.
- Cancellation up to 28 days prior to the course start date – 100% refundable upon notification, minus a 10% handling fee
25% of the course fee paid will be discounted from the cost of a futures course of the same level booked by the learner within 12 months of the cancelled course start date.
The Funding Opportunities for Coaching in the UK guide provides details about funding available to support coaches. Produced by UK Coaching in partnership with the England Coaching Network, Governing Bodies of Sport and the Home Country Sports Councils the interactive PDF allows the user to quickly identify the right funding for them. Download the Funding Opportunities for Coaching in the UK guide by clicking here.
Learners are able to book on the courses by clicking the links below.
Please note that the dates, locations and courses may change throughout the year. Additional courses may be added throughout 2018 to meet sufficient need and demand.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.