What does this qualification cover?
The objective of the Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) is to provide a benefit to learners through practical and theoretical aspects of coaching Parkour/Freerunning, including how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate Parkour/Freerunning coaching for participants of all ages.
Who is this qualification designed for?
The qualification is designed to prepare coaches for employment in paid or voluntary roles in coaching Parkour/Freerunning.
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)||18 (37–108)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/1885/9|
|Apprenticeships||Knowledge component of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership (coaching pathway)|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/05/2011|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2017|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2019|
The Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) has been developed in partnership with Parkour UK, the governing body of sport for parkour/freerunning, and is the second qualification on the parkour/freerunning coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the processes and principles of coaching parkour/freerunning to adults and children. The Certificate offers an opportunity for parkour/freerunning coaches to be supported in developing the knowledge of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate a series of parkour/freerunning coaching sessions in a safe, ethical and effective manner. Those who complete this Certificate will be able to work as a parkour/freerunning coach, either alone or as part of a larger group of practitioners of parkour/freerunning.
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Learners are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 18 years of age (prior to attending the course)
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
- hold the Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) or Parkour UK recognised equivalent.
- hold a valid first aid certificate (minimum of three hours) recognised by Parkour UK in the last three years
- have attended a child protection/safeguarding workshop recognised by Parkour UK in the last three years
- hold a personal accident insurance for the duration of the course or hold a valid registration with the Parkour UK – Parkour Professionals Register
- recommended to have completed the Mental Health for Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) training in the last three years
If you have any injuries, illnesses, permanent, long-term or temporary disability, a learning difficulty or indisposition, you must inform Parkour UK so you can apply for special consideration from 1st4sport by completing and returning an Access Request Form.
The Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) qualification is divided into the following Tasks;
Task 1 – Parkour/Freerunning Ethos, Philosophy and Coaches Code of Practice and Drug Awareness
Task 2 – Planning Coaching Sessions
Task 3 – Coaching Styles and Learning Styles
Task 4 – Behaviour Management
Task 5 – Skills and Participant Development
Task 6 – Physical Conditioning and Nutrition
Task 7 – Mental Preparation
Task 8 – CPD and Action Planning
Tasks 1 – 8 should have be completed while on the course, but in your own learning time
Post Course & Pre-Final Assessments:
Task 9 – Linked and Progressive Sessions
This is completed post-course and pre-final assessments. This contains 6 linked-progressive sessions, which must be supervised by a Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) qualified coach.
Once you have completed linked-progressive sessions, you will need to send a copy (either photocopy or photograph/scan) to:
Post: Parkour UK 4th Floor, Burwood House, 14 – 16 Caxton Street London SW1H 0QT
Please keep the original linked-progressive sessions in your learner pack.
- Parkour/Freerunning Competency Assessment
- Task 10 –Observed Assessment of Coaching Practice
- Written Assessment
Parkour/Freerunning Competency Assessment:
Parkour/Freerunning Competency Assessment is comprised of 15 competency areas, consisting of 41 elements. Each element carries a potential maximum amount of marks for completion. Some of the marks are assessed by the following elements Hesitation (H), Quality (Q) & Consistency (C) and some over a number of attempts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Pass mark is 90% (90/100 marks).
Observed Assessment of Coaching Practice:
This is assessed against the Coaching Competencies. Learners are required to plan, risk-benefit assess, deliver and evaluate up to a 60-minute Parkour/Freerunning session. Learners must use the session plan, risk-benefit assessments and evaluation sheet. Your tutor/assessor will use the Observation Checklist to assess you against the coaching criteria.
A 60 minute written assessment covering Parkour/Freerunning Practice, Parkour/Freerunning Coaching & Supplemental Knowledge. Pass mark is 85% (56/66).
The Final Assessments – Parkour/Freerunning Competency Assessment, Observed Assessment of Coaching Practice & Written Assessment are designed to allow the assessor(s) to make an on-going assessment of the learners competency in coaching, knowledge and understanding of coaching and to check whether you are able to apply that knowledge.
It is your responsibility to complete all the tasks, arrange and complete the linked and progressive sessions under the supervision of a Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) qualified coach and successfully complete your final assessments within the two-year registration period.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Unit Reference No.||GLH||Credit|
|201||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||J/601/2101||22||3|
|202||Understanding How to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport||Y/601/2104||12||2|
|203||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport||H/601/2106||16||2|
|204||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice||M/601/2108||13||2|
|205||Plan a Series of Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Sessions||D/503/1890||8||2|
|206||Prepare the Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Environment||A/503/1914||13||2|
|207||Deliver a Series of Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Sessions||F/503/1901||16||3|
|208||Monitor and Evaluate Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Sessions||F/503/1915||8||2|
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning Learner Pack
- Internal assessment tools
- Information handouts.
For tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification, including a recommended learning programme
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- Internal assessment tools
We really appreciate your feedback on your learning and assessment experience. We use this feedback to revise and amend our qualifications to ensure they remain current and valued.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a Parkour UK 1st4sport Learner Pack and Learning Resource.
|Type||Course fee||Assessment Fee||Discount requirements|
|Registered Individual||£580.00||£170||When booked by an individual with a valid Parkour UK registration. Please contact us with your registration number for a discount code.|
|Associate Member Organisation||£580.00||£170||When booked by an organisation with a valid Associate membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
|Affiliate Member Organisation||£560.00||£160||When booked by an organisation with a valid Affiliate/Affiliate+ membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
Terms & Conditions:
- Payments for course must be made in full prior to the commencement of the course.
- The course fee covers all reasonable costs associated to complete the qualification, and where a no-show for assessment or a re-assessment is necessary. There is an additional fee payable to cover the cost of a re-assessment.
- In order to qualify for the registration and/or membership discount, learners must have the correct level of membership prior to booking.
- In order to qualify for the membership discounts, the learner’s organisation must be members of Parkour UK prior to booking.
- Learners must arrange their own personal accident insurance cover for the duration of the course.
- Learners must attend all course dates unless an exemption is granted in writing by the course organiser.
- No refunds shall be given for learners who fail to attend any course dates
- Learners who withdraw from the course for any reason will be subject to the following cancellation policy:
- Cancellation within 7 days of the course start date – No refund of course fee, a 25% fee will be discounted from the cost of a future course.
- Cancellation within 14 days of the course start date – 50% of course fee refunded, minus a 10% handling fee. A 25% fee will be discounted from the cost of a future course.
- Cancellation up to 28 days prior to the course start date – 100% refundable upon notification, minus a 10% handling fee.
25% of the course fee paid will be discounted from the cost of a futures course of the same level booked by the learner within 12 months of the cancelled course start date.
The Funding Opportunities for Coaching in the UK guide provides details about funding available to support coaches. Produced by UK Coaching in partnership with the England Coaching Network, Governing Bodies of Sport and the Home Country Sports Councils the interactive PDF allows the user to quickly identify the right funding for them. Download the Funding Opportunities for Coaching in the UK guide by clicking here.
Learners are able to book on the courses by clicking the links below.
Please note that the dates, locations and courses may change throughout the year. Additional courses may be added throughout 2017 to meet sufficient need and demand.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
This qualification sits on the QCF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.