What does this qualification cover?
The objective of the Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Parkour/Freerunning] is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it prepares them for deployment as an activator in Parkour/Freerunning.
Who is this qualification designed for?
Successful achievement of the qualification will enable activators to organise and facilitate Parkour/Freerunning activities. It does not provide competence to coach, teach or instruct Parkour/Freerunning activities. The qualification is designed to support community development, with the aspiration to be able to tackle deprivation, radicalisation, physical inactivity and social exclusion; supporting health, wellbeing and participation initiatives.
|GLH (TQT)||6 (6)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/06/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/05/2019|
|Certification End Date||31/05/2020.|
This qualification is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it prepares them for deployment as an activator in Parkour/Freerunning. It is one of a number of pathway qualifications for activators available from 1st4sport.
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
Prior to registration, learners must be:
- be accurately identified
- a minimum of 14 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish
- hold a personal accident insurance for the duration of the course or hold a valid registration with the Parkour UK – Parkour Professionals Register
- recommended to have attended a emergency first-aid certificate (minimum of three hours) in the last three years
- recommended to have attended the Keeping Safe in Sport: Safeguarding for Young Volunteers (13+) and/or a recognised child protection/safeguarding workshop
The Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning (QCF) qualification is divided into the following Tasks;
Task 1: Role and Responsibilities
Task 2: Session Organisation
Task 3: Session Facilitation
Task 4: Parkour/Freerunning Principles
Task 5: Parkour/Freerunning Activities
Task 6: Parkour/Freerunning Adaptations
The qualification is divided into two mandatory components; Activator Role & Activate through Parkour/Freerunning.
Learners who has previously completed this ‘Activator qualification’ in another context is not required to complete C1: Activator role (Task 1, Task 2 and Task 3). In this instance, the tutor/assessor should write “RPL” in the relevant boxes, and also provide a signature and the date of validation. In order to validate the RPL a member of the centre’s workforce is required to check the validity of the learner’s certificate.
|Component Title||Reference Number||Level||GLHs|
|Activate through Parkour/Freerunning||D/508/3956||1||4|
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Parkour/Freerunning] Learner Pack
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Parkour/Freerunning] Learner Resource cards
- Internal assessment tools
For tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Parkour/Freerunning] and Internal Quality Assurance Approach
- Internal assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and a Certificate. Further information on fees is available in your qualification application pack.
|Type||Course fee||Assessment Fee||Discount requirements|
|Registered Individual||£110.00||n/a||When booked by an individual with a valid Parkour UK registration. Please contact us with your registration number for a discount code.|
|Associate Member Organisation||£110.00||n/a||When booked by an organisation with a valid Associate membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
|Affiliate Member Organisation||£100.00||n/a||When booked by an organisation with a valid Affiliate/Affiliate+ membership with Parkour UK. Please contact us with your membership number for a discount code.|
The Funding Opportunities for Coaching in the UK guide provides details about funding available to support coaches. Produced by sports coach UK in partnership with the England Coaching Network, Governing Bodies of Sport and the Home Country Sports Councils the interactive PDF allows the user to quickly identify the right funding for them. Download the Funding Opportunities for Coaching in the UK guide by clicking here.
Funding support for coaches continues via Twitter where the @scUKCoachFund account will provide up to the minute funding information for coaches.
Learners are able to book on the courses by clicking the links below.
Please note that the dates, locations and courses may change throughout the year. Additional courses may be added throughout 2017 to meet sufficient need and demand.
Parkour UK 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Parkour/Freerunning] (RQF) – Belfast, Northern Ireland
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.